HEY DID YOU KNOW PACIFIC RIM IS NOW ON HBO LIKE ALL THE TIME :D :D :D
1. Oh man, when Mako puts Raleigh on his knees for the first time and Stacker tells her more control? And the camera cuts back, you see the her eyes are on Raleigh already, and then her eyes flick upwards for a bit?
One reading: she’s been watching Raleigh’s torso and body less than his face, and when Stacker tells her more control, she looks back to his face and takes a breath.
Another reading, since that shot that shows us Raleigh on his knees staring up at Mako with his heart in his eyes (and a boner in his pants) is actually the first shot where Chuck is in the background: SHE IS LOOKING UP AND THINKING OF CHUCK
AND MORE. CONTROL. MISS MORI.
2. Now that I can watch Pacific Rim on demand, I can tolerate Newt a lot better? Beause now I know soon, it’ll be time for the parts of the movie I care about, and thanks to reading lots of fic about Hermann and Vanessa and Hermann and Mako and. Yeah.
3. Mr. Rhod really dislikes the scenes with the GD testing sequence. It’s a good thingk Pacrim didn’t come out until after we’d been married for a while.
4. TENDO’S CANTONESE IS FUCKING INCOMPREHENSIBLE
5. Mr. Rhod: So why do we have to watch it again?
Mr. Rhod: Because maybe this time it might be different?
Rhod: BECAUSE IT WILL BE THE SAME AND RALEIGH IS GOING TO SAY THAT HE’S GOING TO TAKE THIS SIDE BECAUSE HIS LEFT SIDE IS SHOT, AND THEN MAKO IS GOING TO ROLL UP AND HE’S GOING TO LOOK AT HER LIKE THE SUN HAS JUST COME UP AND SHE IS GOING TO GO :> AND ASK HIM IF HE IS GOING TO SAY ANYTHING AND
6. WHEN CHUCK IS INSIDE YELLING AND YELLING AT STACKER INSIDE HIS OFFICE, did you notice that Mako is just staring DEATH DAGGERS at the door? And then she very deliberately closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, and she keeps her eyes closed for the first few seconds Chuck comes charging out in ery much a I AM ZEN AND IAM OVER THIS and then opens her eyes?
And then .5 seconds later is standing right the fuck up at Chuck with her face twisted up and ugly and her jaw fucking SET. Chuck isn’t THE EX to her, but he knows how to push the buttons, and just, I am never going to get tired of the way that Chuck deliberately turns back to her and goes bitches and leash and ugh
thaaaat’s why Raleigh says apologize to her, guys. Because Chuck is gunning for Mako, not for hiiiiiiiiiiiiiim, and ugh, did you notice that the GD fight theme kicks in RIGHT AS RALEIGH STARTS PALM-BLOCKING CHUCK WITH MAKO’S MOVES
7. Ugh, guys, I am never going to get over the utter HEARTBREAK on Stacker’s face after he gives Mako permission to be dismissed and she is no longer in the room. And the way he turns his head and has to control himself and
8. God, it is so delightful that Stacker sort of paces while Raleigh yells that line in front of the elevator. Like. His impatience for Raleigh to get the fuck done? And the power in the shoulders and the face. That’s where the stuff about his daemon being a panther or big cat comes from.
9. It’s interesting, but in this movie, Idris Elba is actually shot to be less-tall than the other actors than he actually is? If you look in the Kwoon scene, Mako comes up to his shoulder or a little above. Elba is 6’4, and legit that height. Kikuchi is listed as 5’5, but it’s an actor 5’5 so. Yeah. Especially when you see the Kwoon training scene footage where she is in bare feet next to Hunnam and is mid-bicep on him and only to the shoulder when she is standing totally straight? And they do all kinds of stuff, too, to glid over Hunnam being a fair bit shorter than Elba — he’s listed at 6’1, and i s2g, that is another actor height, because yeah. no.